Wednesday 10 November 2010

The Squirrel with bad eyes

After regaining some energy, I took a long flight yesterday evening and landed at Floors Castle. It was some journey, and I slept through the night before waking to a wonderful view.


It was definitely worth the fly!

Although the forest here wasn't big, I did manage to meet a squirrel with certain eccentric tendencies. If he had worn a top hat and cape I would not be surprised! As it was, he was after some glasses, and preferably a monocle.

I did suggest he could go and buy some contact lenses from my sponsors at Asda Contacts, but he definitely wanted a monocle.

It was shame really as Algie was a wonderful squirrely with a big heart, but terrible eyes. He spent half the day bouncing off trees and running away from shadows. His bumps and bruises were only little, and we settled down for a hearty helping of acorn stew in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment