Tuesday 16 November 2010

A momentous occassion

Something special happened today. A fly to the West, and I ended up at my final destination. A haven off the motorway, this was the silent and calming Riverside Mill in Lockerbie.

After the previous few days, this was a happy place to travel to. Gliding on the wind, viewing the traffic down below me, then landing in a beautful forest away from the noise.


I flew around the forest, buffeted by the winds, but feeling free. It felt like this was the end of my journey, and that now I had a decision to make. Where to stay?

I needed to be easy to find, in a place that people go to, but also somewhere where information could be passed over to me.

This wasn't the place, although a squirrely I met called Martha was very friendly and helped me spend a pleasant day in the forest. We nibbled on berries and nuts, and chased eachother through the trees. But this is the kind of place I could live, not stay for a couple of weeks.

I will decide over the next couple of days where I should go, but the important factor is I need to be somewhere that gets a lot of visitors. Then I know that I shall pick up any information that gets passed around.

No comments:

Post a Comment